Did this one last night. I didn’t really plan it out but just put together some recently purchased tunes with some from the backlog. It’s all four on the floor, starting at 120 bpm and going up to 124 bpm.
Summer Deep Mix: 09-08-13 Summer Deep Mix. File Size is 137.8 mb, encoded at 192kpbs, runtime is 1:40:20
Frank McGahon: 09-08-13 Summer Deep Mix
01. My True Love’s Hair – David Borsu (Broadcite)
02. Raise The Roof (Madnus & Scogil Remix) – Lizzy Parks (Tru Thoughts)
03. Sweet 90s – Mangasounds (BPSS)
04. No Time – Chuck Cogan (Sole)
05. Info People – AtJazz Domu & Yannah Valdevit (Development Music)
06. Morning Sun (Pepe Bradoc Mix) – Block 16 (Nuphonic)
I was listening to a few classic Britfunk tunes last week so I thought I’d do a little tribute mix. For those unfamiliar with the genre it was the name associated with uptempo soul, disco, jazz-funk and boogie out of Britain from about the mid 1970s to the mid 1980s although it wasn’t until Hi Tension arrived on the scene in 1978 that the term itself took hold. Although much of the output resembled the American music that was the most prominent inspiration, there are other influences specific to Britain that set it apart. From the Caribbean heritage of many of the artists involved to the crossover effect of a smaller, less segregated music scene, the sound incorporates influences from Reggae to Punk to Jazz.